Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Ink

I will update on projects later. I've been seriously slacking on that, sorry.

I got a new tattoo last Friday and it fucking rocks!

Metal Mike at Tiger Rose Tattoo did an amazing job. I had been thinking about getting a knitting tattoo for years but had no idea what I wanted and doing a google image search for "Knitting tattoo" brings up a lot of yarn balls with knitting needles. I wanted something completely different.

When I finally decided that I was going to bite the bullet I emailed Mike and explained what I wanted and that I wasn't warm to the idea of having a ball of yarn and knitting needles. He replied saying not to worry about sending him pictures of tattoos from the internet but instead send him pictures of things I've made and like. I sent him pictures of my needles, a cake of yarn that I really liked, my scissors, other notions, and a very cool project I did. Here are some pictures.

The outline. My mom was so excited I had to text her this pic.



The top photo is Mike working. The bottom is the outline still being done.

Before color.

Finished.
I love that the needles look like Knit Picks Harmony's, the detail on the handle of the scissors is fantastic those scissors look like exactly like the ones in my knitting bag. The deathflake is a fair isle piece that I crashed and burned at but I still love the way it looks and I will make it again and I will succeed (you always have to get back on the horse). 

Time to finish this sweater I've had in my stash for a year now.


2 comments:

  1. Very cool, chick. I like how it's not the usual ones you see too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really hoping he would up with something different, He totally delivered.

      Delete